V0.7 Technical upgrade!
Good Monday everyone.
I hope you all had a great start to the year, and that the first month of 2023 has been treating you well.
I am excited to announce that the new version of Mother’s Devotion is finally here!
As of now, the game is available for early access but will be released for everyone at the end of the month.
The game has undergone significant changes in terms of gameplay experience.
The overall look and feel of the game are now far more polished and professional, and I am incredibly proud of the work that I put into it.
This update, version 0.07, is primarily a technical one and does not come with any new scenes.
However, it does bring some exciting new features and improvements to the game.
I like statistics, so let’s start with some statistics:
- The game currently contains 20,527 words.
- The game has 140 screens, which are the locations of the game. These numbers include different daytimes in the same location.
Now let’s see what changes have been done to the game:
- First and foremost, the game now features interactive locations with clickable objects, indicated by hearts popping up when hovering over them. These locations include the main character’s home (bedroom, kitchen, living room, bathroom), the office, the city, the red-light district, the nightclub, and Cherry’s Bar.
- In addition, a laptop and mobile phone have been added to the game.
- The laptop allows players to access a walkthrough that can help them find the main content.
- The mobile phone, which is only available while the player is at home, includes an appreciation gallery for supporters.
- A map icon has also been added, which can be accessed when the player is home.
- Multiple new clickable locations have been added around the main character’s home, although currently, they do not have any scenes associated with them. However, the plan is to add scenes to these locations in future updates.
- The menu has changing backgrounds. Every time you restart the game, there is a 1 / 3 chance to get one of 3 different Menu Backgrounds. Currently, in the early access, there is only one available and I will add the other 2 in the Public Release.
Speaking of future updates, there are several exciting plans in the works:
- One of the main priorities is to fill out the empty clickable objects with random scenes that will depend on the player’s progression in the game.
- I will also be releasing a supporter-only version of the game, which will include a gallery to repeat scenes and see CGs, as well as extra game content that will not be available in the main game. This is just a small way for me to show my appreciation for your support.
- Lastly, I am looking forward to working on more Max content, so that the next release comes with juicy new scenes that will continue the storyline.